The School Community Council encourages communication between parents, employees and administrators. It encourages all to be involved in establishing and implementing educational goals for students.
School Community Council meetings are open to the public. Meetings will be held at Sierra Bonita Elementary in the conference room from 11:40 am- 12:40 pm. You are welcome to attend any or all of the meetings. The agenda will be attached to the date listed below one week prior to the meeting.
School Community Council Meeting Schedule for 2023-2024
- October 18 Agenda
- November 15 Agenda
- December 20
- January 17
- February 21
- March 20
- April 17
- May 15
We invite community members to participate on the School Community Council. The SCC (School Community Council) plays an important role in partnering in the education of our children with the school, its staff and faculty and the district.
The following information is from The Shared Governance Handbook. The SCC provides a "cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions" within the school. Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by the Utah law includes:
- Developing a School Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Developing the School LAND Trust Program
- Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school)
- Advising and making recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community environment for students
For more information please refer to the Nebo School District Board Of Education Policies and Procedures section K: School - Community Relations
Rules of Order and Procedure:
To promote ethical behavior and civil discourse each council member shall:
- Be on time to meetings
- Respect others opinions
- Meetings will be one hour long
- Guests who would like to comment may have five minutes, they must give prior notice to Amanda Shepherd, and there can only be two guests per School Community Council meeting.
- Comments made by visiting guest(s) must be related to School Trustlands, if they do not they may schedule a different time to meet with Mr. Andersen.
- The Chair and Co-Chair will be elected by the School Community Council
- Chair, Co-Chair and Facilitator will make agenda
- Yearly meeting with Chair, Co-Chair and Facilitator to make agenda and meeting calendar
- If a parent member is absent from two consecutive meetings, the chair will notify the member that if the member does not attend the next meeting, the council will consider the seat vacant and the remaining parent members will appoint a parent to fill the unexpired term.
Minutes and Agendas