Nebo District Chess Tournament
Saturday, February 29, 2020
8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. approximately
Summit Center 165 S. 700 E., Springville, 84663.
Please park on the east side of the building.
• Arrive at 8:30 am, instructions at 8:45 am.
• 5 or 6 rounds—all students get to play all rounds.
• K-6 students get to play others within their own grade. Junior High students will be grouped together into one section. High School students will be grouped together into one section. Ninth grade will join either Junior High or High School based on numbers.
• Rounds are up to 50 minutes each (i.e. approximately 25 minutes per player). Grades 7-12 may be allowed up to 60 minutes each.
• Plan on students finishing last round between 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
• Trophies will be awarded for 1st -7th place per section (plus several “outstanding” trophies), and for top three elementary schools, top two junior highs, and the top high school. All other players will receive a medal.
• Tie breaks will be decided by the computer.
• If you'd like to start a chess club in your school, email Bret Elzinga email@example.com for tips.
Lunch will be available for purchase: pizza, snacks, etc.
Chess sets and such available for purchase.
How to register: Register and pay at nebo.revtrak.net, Nebo District Programs.
Cost is $10.00 if you register and pay by February 22, or $17 thereafter.
Registrations accepted only through Thursday, February 27— no registration or payment accepted at the door. Student must be in Nebo School District boundaries, whether attending public, charter, or home school, or have played in a Nebo chess tournament.
Supervision of children is the responsibility of the parents. Parents and other spectators may not interact with players while they are competing.
#DiscoverPowerWithin #NeboHero #NeboSchoolDistrict #StudentSuccess #EmpowerStudents #EngageStudents #FocusOnStudents #LoveUTpublicSchools #UtPol #UtEd #ThankATeacher #LoveTeaching